Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Best of 2012, Picture Edition

I'm going to go over some of my favorite pictures from this year. They might not be the absolute best I've taken this year, nor might they be my favorites in another month, but here's my top ten of 2012 (at the moment).

10. I was out today walking with friends and Neil's white german shepherd Lola. She loves running in the deep snow and I managed to catch her taking off across the field with a mouthful of snow in mid-chomp.
Untitled

9. The mineral cleavage videos that I was working on last winter produced a big mess. And the pile of cleavage fragments looked quite lovely.
MineralCarnage

8. Back around Halloween, my pal Kelly and I dressed up as Adam and Jamie for a costume contest. We didn't win (not sure why), but I really like how some of the pictures turned out.
Myth14

7. It's not surprising that pictures from my trip to Scotland and Iceland made the list. I'm not completely sold on the exposure or color here, but I really like the elements of this scene.
Skye_HDR2

6. Our trip was fortunate in that we had sunny, clear weather for most of the time we were in both Iceland and Scotland. The guy we bought kebabs from said we were there for the three days of Iceland summer.
Iceland_9811


5. We visited the Orkney Islands for several days. Fascinating place - particularly because of the extensive use of bedrock as building material. Here's the neolithic settlement of Skara Brae.
Orkney_1289


4. While filming the Bee slow-motion video at Neil's, we also worked on some of his other hives. Neil mentioned that one of his favorite views was lying on the ground, looking up at the hive.
_MG_9222


3. The Quirang on the Isle of Skye. Such an amazing place - there's a reason it's used as a movie setting.
SkyePanoLG

2. Our trip to Iceland included a trip to Gulfoss - and the sunny weather made some wonderful rainbows.
Iceland_0380

1. And no trip to Scotland would be complete without a trip to Arthurs Seat and the Salisbury Crags. You can see the hill with Edinburgh Castle in the background.
EdinburghPano-ArthursSeat


No comments:

Post a Comment