Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What I'm doing at GSA this year

It's that time of year again. Well, actually, it's about a month before that time of year, which is about 3 weeks earlier than usual. GSA is going to be held in Minneapolis, MN on October 9-12. Some of the geobloggers will be presenting, many will be attending. I know there is at least one planned meetup for the geobloggers to socialize and chat. Since I've got friends in the cities and live about an hour away, I'm grabbing a list of suggestions for your consideration.

I'm giving a talk on Tuesday at 3:05 about my research:

LATE QUATERNARY TERRACE AND LONG PROFILE DEVELOPMENT IN THE LOWER CHIPPEWA VALLEY

Session No. 210
Quaternary Landscape Dynamics Beyond the Ice Margin in the Upper Mississippi Valley: A Tribute to the Career of James C. Knox
Minneapolis Convention Center: Room L100DE
1:30 PM-5:30 PM, Tuesday, 11 October 2011



There's also an associated poster session - I had a student working with me over the summer and her research will be there.



One final note: there is a field trip (#442) through the UMV (Thursday through Saturday) organized by the same folks. In fact, it sounds like there's still room if you're interested in joining us for a few days of fluvial geomorphology and landscape evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment