Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thurs-Demo: The one with Righteous Indignation

So I'm not going to prep a geoscience demonstration today. I will provide you with footage of the construction zone next to our building. They're renovating the student center - and were in the process of tearing down some of the concrete today.

In other news, our government seems to be doing it's own demolition. In just 24 minutes, my "representatives" did more to dismantle the institutions of our state education system than this wrecking crane has done in the last 24 hours. Thanks a lot, jerks.

MSC-Demo_7656
(click to embiggen)

Demolishing the Memorial Student Center from Matt Kuchta on Vimeo.



You can see that the rubble pile has a characteristic slope on each side. This "angle of repose" is typical of coarse, angular particles. I should measure that sometime. So I guess there was some educational content after all.

1 comment: