Today's stream table run was an adventure in basin geometry. I've been wanting to find a way to keep the stream from getting hung up on the sides of the table.
I have a bunch of rubber sheeting left over from a roofing project. Yes, I saved several square feet of sheet rubber. Because I'm an experimentalist. And I used it to created coved corners at the base of the table. I built up curved sides with the plastic media and then draped the plastic over it.
The finished sub-base, prior to filling with additional media.
Here's about a 4-hour time lapse. You can see the stream pull away from the side of the table on a few occasions, but I think I may try and make the angle a little shallower.