Saturday, July 13, 2013

My entire PhD is available for you to pick through

For them's that's interested, I've put my entire PhD dissertation into Figshare. If you're interested in Amino Acid Geochemistry, Gastropod Paleontology, Paleoecology, or Fluvial Geomorphology, there's something for you in there.

I like the idea behind this service - I keep thinking that much of the work I did for my PhD won't be easily available for other researchers, simply because there are nice parts that are not really suitable for their own paper and wouldn't otherwise get published.

How is it that I didn't think of this before? Probably because I've been frying many other fish lately, and it took a post from Jon Tennant (@Protohedgehog) at Green Tea and Velociraptors on his own PhD progress report to spur me into action.

Me and one of my field sites in Western Wisconsin. There's Snails in Them Thar Borrow Pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment