Saturday, January 07, 2012

One of those days

Today was the kind of day where you do lots of cool stuff and the time just seems to fly by. My colleague and pal, Todd and I were trying our hands at high speed filming of popping water balloons. Todd also blogs about his physics teaching here. It was also a little strange in that my computer (a MacBook) spent most of the day booted in Windows 7, because that's what the video processing software for the camera uses. I also don't have as many internet thingies set up with my Windows partition, so I was intermittently aware of what was going on in the interwebs while I was filming.

Here was the general setup:



And here's the finished project (I tossed in some "pop" music for good measure):

2 comments:

  1. You're having more fun with this camera than any man your age has a right to.

    Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until we start getting the chemistry department involved... :)

    ReplyDelete